Friday 28 May 2010

GUN PLAY IN KENBURY STREET



Just experienced seeing my first firing of a gun in London at 5 o/c this evening.
Man or youth wearing motor cycle helmet chased three 14-15 year olds into the youth club "KIDS COMPANY" in Kenbury Street, Camberwell SE5. This man or youth about 5' 6" chased the three youths out of Canterbury Close and fired a shot at them when he was about 5 foot in front of me and slightly to my right. The gun was a black hand gun that had squarish features. The boys run into the youth club and the gunman turned round looked towards me and run back through Canterbury Close, I heard no motobike. I know my account of this incident sounds like a Police statement but it's the simplest way of telling the tale.

As for me, my first instinct was to give chase but sensibility kicked in and I phoned the Police.
I also thought of taking a picture on my camera phone but no chance of that. What is strange it does not effect me to much at the moment and it's as though it's not unusual, perhaps with the constant reports in the news and newspapers of gun crime that we are all bombarded with on a daily basis it does not surprise us anymore.
 
I have just heard about the multiple shootings up at Whitehaven and I suppose my little episode sounds trival now.



OZ