Thursday 3 June 2010

British Leyland


It come to me recently that we have bugger all manufacturing left in this country basically due to government. Can you remember the government in conjunction with the popular press "lets get rid of British Leyland it's costing you the tax payer money. We all fell for it and it was broken up flogged off and it's brands and models are no more. And are we better off money wise? I don't think so. It's all a bit like the coal mines. what's ironic the car that was the but of all our jokes (apart from Allegro) Skoda is still driving around our streets when much finer brands are no more or they are in foreign hands. Bloody sad!!


My preferred transport, Son of Sherpa the Leyland Daf (LDV) 200 minibus built like a tank, reliable and dead simple to work on. In my opinion cannot be be beaten but as we all know LDV was allowed to go to the wall. I have named her Chloe after one of my favourite grand daughters.